100g plain flour
300ml semi-skimmed milk
1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
1. Put the flour and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl, blend and make a well in the centre. Crack the eggs into the middle, then pour in about 50ml milk and 1 tbsp oil. Whisk and once all the flour is incorporated, beat until you have a smooth, thick paste.
2. Add a splash of milk and whisk to loosen the thick batter. While still whisking, pour in the rest of the milk and whisk until you have a batter that is the consistency of slightly thick single cream.
3. Heat the pan over a moderate heat, then wipe it with oiled kitchen paper. Ladle some batter into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer. Return the pan to the heat, then leave to cook, for about 30 secs. If the pan is the right temperature, the pancake should turn golden underneath after about 30 secs and will be ready to turn.
4. Hold the pan handle, ease a fish slice under the pancake, then quickly lift and flip it over. Make sure the pancake is lying flat against base of the pan with no folds, then cook for another 30 secs before turning out onto a warm plate. Continue with the rest of the batter, serving them as you cook or stack onto a plate.
5. Add a handful of your mixed fruit, and a dollop of creme fraiche.