1 pack ready rolled puff pastry
1 bunch S&A asparagus
100g pine nuts
1 jar ready-made pesto
Parmesan cheese to taste
1 egg yolk beaten
This recipe is great to share at summer parties or equally to make for summer picnics
1. Slice your asparagus stems long ways
2. Take your puff pastry and cut into 4 equal squares
3. Add a layer of pesto to each sheet and place asapargus on top
4. Take the beaten yolk and wash the edges of each square for a golden sheen
5. Put slices on a sheet of baking paper and place on the middle shelf at 180C and bake until the pastry is nicely risen and golden.
6. Remove from the oven and shave over parmesan and sprinkle pinenuts to taste.